Manmade at the Truman Brewery

So it's been a busy couple of days. On Friday I went down to Manmade, the brainchild of the talented Mr Wingate who along with Crafty Fox and Etsy UK curated a fantastic event featuring 100% male makers. The perception of the craft world of the designer maker is that it's fairly female top heavy but this event was show casing a cast of 60 men with a fantastic range of products. There were some familiar faces as well as some new to me. Here is what I saw: 

Ray Stanbrook - I bought one of his cushions at the last market and I love it.
New work by Cha Com Letras - celebrating the bicentenary of Alice in Wonderland
I think everyone fell in love with Softsigns work just a little bit....
Despite being on Brick Lane there was a clear presence of Crafty Fox's spiritual home, and mine, Brixton. This by Postcode Prints
Quirky lights from Bent Copper
The smell from Tree Beard's products was simply divine. Actually made me wish I had a beard!!
Had to treat myself to a set of notebooks from the wonderful Sort who were new to me but I loved the colours and type.

New work from Rodology - these are watch winders - love it!
I was particularly please to see Martin Tomsky's work in the flesh as I'd first read about it on Paper Panda's Facebook page
Jimbobart was there, as always, in full force (he creates all the illustrations for Crafty Fox events).
And here is the man himself doing a bit of live art.
The Rhythm Parlour was giving trims throughout the day
Was great to see new work from Hooksmith
I adored this little deep sea diver pendant by Daniel Darby Jewellery
The next few shots are from the wonderful I Am Acrylic who were also running jewellery workshops throughout the weekend.


Of course with the Crafty Fox being involved there was bound to be alcohol involved and was great to see Brixton Beer for sale. Keeping it local even through we were in the East End!



All in all Manmade was such a great event. Such a nice vibe and great to see a sea of blokes proving that craft and designer making can be a man's world too. 

Comments

Popular Posts