The Lakes: Part Four

On my last day in the Lakes I thought I would be spending it inside sheltering from the rain. As luck would have it I looked out the window just as the sun was coming out so I grabbed my coat and went for a walk with my mum before the heavens opened. Here is what we saw:
I can never resist taking photos of sheep. I was particularly pleased with how these came out if I'm honest. 

The light was very dramatic. This is a shot looking back to the house with the clouds incredibly dark on the hills behind. 

But the last throws of autumn colour were stunning. 

See! I have a thing with sheep. This gang all stood in a line just staring for long enough to take some snaps. They soon decided it best to run in the opposite direction to us though sadly. 

As you can see they headed off in the direction we had just come from. 
Just look at that colour, picture perfect with the dying braken on the fell behind. 
You may be surprised to learn that despite those dark forboding clouds which seems to always be in front of us we stayed dry throughout our walk, and the sun seems to follows around on our walk. 
We were tempted to go down into the valley here but we didn't want to take our chances with the weather so I just admired the autumn colours from a far. 

What can I say, the sheep on this day were unusually compliant models. 

And what better to finish off this post with a picture of a sheep and against a backdrop of autumn colour. And that's it for my trip back home. I'm back again next June which will be a treat as I usually come in winter rather than winter. 

Comments

Popular Posts