Lazy days of Easter part one







Easter came late this year and boy was I ready for  a break by the time it came. Normally I go to see my mum and dad when they're in France but as Easter was so late I went up to see them at the homestead in Cumbria. The weather was picture perfect and spring was definitely in the air!

Now there is so much to show you despite not really going very far so bare with me. I'll divide into two posts. First of all a magical walk down into the woods and some shots of the sheep in the neighbouring fields


Walking down to the woods I came across 6 rams, some of whom were very curious and came up close enough for me to pet them. They were clearly having a rest whiles the ewes lambs.





This was the most camera shy of them all, but I can't get enough of a Herdwick ram's horns. And I got fairly close to him.

But enough of sheep, off to the woods. Look how blue that sky is! Remember this is Cumbria!!

And how's that for a view of the homestead!

I spotted this and it reminded me of a rider on a horse. Well ok a rather large rider or a very small horse but was odd to see.

 
 Even in the woods the sky was such a bright blue.


And look, wild primroses
I
And I give you the woods. I love coming down here, especially on my own. They are so magical.

And at the end of the wood is this amazingly old bridge. No edges on either side, just a crossing in to the other side of the valley with the river roaring below.

Back up into the fields you can see a really, really old typical Lakeland gate made out of a bit of slate. .
Yep that's right, 1663. How's that for graffiti! 

And finally (as I love taking pictures of sheep) here are a few of the ewes and their lambs.

All together now. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Hope you all had a lovely Easter. I'll be posted soon about what I made over the Easter. What? You thought I just sat in the sunshine taking photos? Think again people...

Comments

Popular Posts