Crafty Update

I've just realised  that I haven't shared this year's Valentine's Card! Blimey talk about late..
 Was chuffed with this one which was my own design. Simple but effective even if I do say so myself! And OH liked it which is the main point of the exercise! And despite being Mr Grumpy he is my sunshine..... awwww I hear you all cry. Anyway.... 
I  visited the Knitting and Stitch Fair a couple of weeks ago and picked up this kit from Rowandean and used it for this year's Mother's Day card. It really helped me during a dark period and helped relight my creativity.  Ironically I'd gone to see if I could find some fabric for more clothes yet to be made. One of the busiest stalls was Simply Fabrics, my local fabric shop in Brixton!! But I did find another shop not that far away from me but I'll leave this for a later blog post. 
In my continued fit of creativity I dug out the shrink plastic I have to make myself a couple of brooches. 
Can't claim to have taken the photos which I scanned from a book (I know, not ideal) but was really chuffed with the end results and I've added to my increasing brooch collection. And watching it all shrink down still makes me smile!
  And finally having being inspired from the embroidery I completed for Mother's Day card I came up with these. The pendants were bought from the wonderful Jasmin Craft Studio
Experiments in colour 
And pattern  but colour co-ordinated with the colours I normally wear! 
And I love them. This bottom one was the first I came up with and I felt like it was a real turning point in what had been a very dark start of the year but I feel refreshed and given a renewed confidence. Onwards and upwards! What do you think? Hopefully I'll get round to putting them on a website and hopefully try and sell some. So that's it, quite a productive creative spurt I think. Hurrah!

Comments

Popular Posts