Birthday treats



 It was my birthday at the weekend which involved a jam packed weekend of fun and treats. OH brought Bert, the farting hippo into my life. I have honestly never laughed so much in my life! Despite been a fan of NCIS I didn't actually put two and two together and realise that Bert is the same hippo that sits on Abby's desk but OH did import Bert from the States and he is 'official' NCIS merchandise. Worringly you can accessorise Bert with an vast array of collors!

Anyway I also had Friday to myself which meant I could finally get to my beloved Wetlands Centre in Barnes (OH doesn't like to go so I haven't been for ages). The look of love was definatley in the air:


as these marble teal demonstrate!

and these American Woodcocks....

even sharing a bath....


and finally my favourite bird of all time, the white headed duck, was in full colour




This male was in fine form and I have quite an unpublishable picture which certainly turned OH's stomach and was the talk of the evening in the pub with friends on Friday! Just contact me if you want to know more!

I also managed to pop up to Islington and checked out the Make Lounge's Shop and bought some lino cutting tools for a possible project (watch this space):


It was a small but well stocked shop with fabulous fabric, books for all tastes, handmade goods, threads and of course stamping / lino cutting tools.

Finally we then went down to see some of the Clerkenwell Design week. My good friend Trixie had her wonderful scarves on show at the Craft Central who had an open studio weekend:


After a late night in the pub I spent most of Sunday curling up on the sofa thinking I should be doing something but not managing to summon the energy..... until next year!




Comments

Popular Posts