Orchid Festival at Kew: Celebrate the colour of Columbia

The orchid festival at Kew has become a bit of annual tradition. This year for the first time ever we had to queue at Kew, and I'm not talking a short queue, it was a good 50 minute in a line that snaked around the wooded area near the Princess Diana conservatory where the festival is held. Whilst in line I was thinking of the hoards of people that must already be inside, in the past years if you go at the weekend it can be a bit of a rugby scrum which does spoil the experience if I'm honest. But not this year, when it was finally our turn to wander in I was amazed by the lack of crowds and the calmness of the experience. And the colours! Oh my it was a riot of colour. Of course there were flowers I swore I had never seen before but looking back on previous years there they are, faithful as ever. But that's the magic of this festival it looks fresh and new every year you swear you had never seen it before. Anyway enjoy!













Comments

Popular Posts