Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams at the V&A

If you know me I'm not what you'd call fashion savvy. Yes I've started to make my own clothes but they're fairly basic and rarely sophisticated. Having said that I've been looking forward to the Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams ever since I heard that it was coming to the V&A. There had been a Dior exhibition in Paris a couple of years ago and I was sorely tempted to jump on the Eurostar to see it had it not been the last weekend! I went to Savage Beauty, the Alexander McQueen exhibition a couple of years ago and it was the first time I had a strong emotional reaction to any exhibition. Ever since I've been trying to find something that could match that experience and so far this Dior exhibition is the closest I've found. AND you could take pictures!!! I had died and gone to heaven. I spent a heavenly few hours immersed in such elegant beauty. Here are some of my favourite images.

















These images don't really do the exhibition justice. If you can go and see the exhibition, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

Popular Posts