Grimaldi Memorial Service 2019 aka the Clown Service

One of my favourite dates in the calendar year is the first Sunday of Februray when the Grimaldi Clown Service takes place. I first went in 2013 and it is such a joyous event but realise I haven't been for a couple of years.

Above is a picture of Professor Crump who I got chatting to and had a wonderful conversation with him. My favourite lines from our banter:

Him: I like your hair
Me: Thanks I grew it myself

But seriously the weather was glorious and the crowds were out in force. I think it was possibly one of the happiest days I've had, EVER and I was smiling all the way home on the tube. Below are my favourite pictures. Sadly I don't know the names of all of the clowns, some were from France and Denmark as well as the UK but I can say that the photos include Professor Crump, Bluebottle, Rhubarb, Annie Banannie (from Canada), Andrew Davis, Bibbledy Bob and Mattie. Enjoy :)


If you want to see previous years: 2015 : 2014 : 2013

Comments

Popular Posts