Winter Lights Festival

For the past couple of years central London has run events such as Lumiere were there were incredible light installations throughout central London and we've loved them. At the same time the Canary Wharf estate ran similar light installations but OH and I have never ventured out to see them (read couldn't be bothered). This year there were no light events in Central London and I'm trying to make 2019 my year of 'do' so we hoped on the train and headed East.

Now first up wasn't stand out wow but at least we knew we were in the right place. 

But next up was incredible but a bugger to photograph! There were showers of water falling down and each drop of water spelt out different words. Annoyingly I missed it when it spelt out Lisa (for those of you who don't know me that's my real name). 

Next up was a hypnotic installation with light, movement and sound and was meant to be the ghost of a whale 
It was quite alien at times, then also reminded me of a wood lice.
But you could watch it or walk underneath it which was a bit surreal 
So far we were impressed but then it decided to rain as we headed down to this crazy neon forest. 

By this point the rain was getting decidedly wet and I was no longer paying attention to what each installation represented. 
And then I'm afraid we gave up and jumped onto the tube heading back to the warmth of the flat. BUT despite the rain it was a really good event, could have had better signage but there was space not to feel too crowded unlike the events that run in central London and hopefully we will be back next year when the weather will be kinder!

Comments

Popular Posts