Gingerbread City at the V&A

So this is awkward..... Miss me?  I thought I had been off line for a month but now realise that the last time I posted was November 2018! Just to explain my laptop was dying and it was becoming painful to even edit photos and once they'd been edited I was so fed up I just switched the laptop off. It then got to the point where I couldn't even face editing the photos it was such a frustrating process hence the silence. But it's the New Year (mid January is still New Year right?), I have a new laptop, some photos have been edited and I'm ready to post.

So first things first back in December I went to see the Gingerbread City installation. This is a whacky city made of gingerbread and everything sweet related. Each building is created by an Architectural Practise and it's then put together to create this insane candy filled universe. I'd visited it last year when it was in the Architect Museum and it was incredible both visually and the smell. It's obvious become very popular as it's now been housed in the V&A. I turned up bang on 10am when the museum opens and for a tranquil five minutes I had the place to myself with one other lady. And then the hoards arrived. I'm selfish and don't really like to share :) Anyway here are my favourite shots to give you an idea of what it looked list. Sadly I can't provide you with the smell.....

Comments

Popular Posts