A Week in Pembrokeshire: Part Five

And now we come to the final installment of our trip to Pembrokeshire - still with me? The weather continued to be kind to us so we hit the road and headed North, close to Fishguard as our friend had said that Dinas Head was nice. But first we stopped off at Narbeth for a quick look and to investigate some of the local food shops.
 Everywhere we could see were brightly coloured houses reminding me of Tenby
 We also stumbled upon Narbeth Castle

 On the drive over to Dinas Head I persudaded OH to stop off at Castell Henllys, a replica Iron  Age village
 I thought it was wonderful - I've seen round houses on TV but I've never stepped into one before. 
 The smoke in the rafters was amazing, yet the house itself wasn't that smoky. 
I did laugh when I read the sign for this. I knew that they were rebuilding a round house (my day job is working in an archaeology department) but what made me laugh was that they said it would take two years! I know in reality it only takes a week or two. 
 And so we came to our last coast walk of the holiday. Again we were lucky to have such beautiful weather but sadly it was the least favourite of our walk. The flora seemed but less diverse and whilst the sea views were nice the walk never seemed to reach anywhere, or really change in landscape. Perhaps we should have kept on it for longer but we had had a long day so turned around and headed on home but these are some shots from that walk 






And that's it, the final installment of our holiday in Wales for this year. I can highly recommend Pembrokeshire - there is so much  to see that we may have to come back another year. Who knows we may even be able to park in St Davids' next time! 

Comments

Popular Posts