Little Bird Workshop by Abigail Brown


 Last year's resolution was to learn more skills and I loved attending various workshops. I've been an admirer of Abigail Brown's work for several years having seen it at Craft Central several years ago, and have always wondered how they were made. 
 So when I spotted that she was running a workshop I jumped at the chance to take part. 

 Abigail had brought some stunning examples of her work but above is what we mere beginners were aiming at. 
And here are the beginnings of my creation. I must admit I didn't realise how much stuffing you can stuff into one bird! It took everyone over an hour to stuff their birds! 

 It was a small group of like minded ladies. 
 My photo buddy had joined me in the workshop and was working on a realistic bird and made this fantastic goldfish. 

This was run up by Abigail during the workshop
And this is the group of finished birds by myself and the rest of the group. 
Given everyone started with the same size body it was fascinating to see how diverse they were. 
And which was mine I hear you cry? This little green number in the foreground. I must admit I was very pleased with the results and have already started on version number two. 

Comments

Popular Posts