Welsh borders

After a sun packed weekend in Cardiff we drove up to just past Hay on Wye to stay at Little Quebb Cottages which I can highly recommend. This is the front and back with an amazing garden

And the selling points for me the chickens.....
And the pigs.....
We stopped off at the magical Llantony Priory which is a gloriously remote but green valley near the Black Mountains
 The weather wasn't great but we only got drenched once. Unfortunately the weather meant that I didn't get to take many photos but we did get this view of the Wye Valley:
And we saw this fabulous prehistoric tomb called  Arthur's Seat before we got ridiculously lost on one of our walks:
We went on four walks and all involved getting lost at some point... yep I used to be a country girl but I think I am now officially a townie!

All in all it was a brilliant week, so nice to get out in the fresh air despite discovering muscles I never knew I had! Back to reality now though and hopefully creativity will start to flow again though next week is the glorious Lambeth Country Fair which will hopefully be great photo opportunities though a day away from the craft room.....

Comments

Popular Posts