Suffolk coast adventures: Southwold

I wanted to go to Southwold as it has loads of beach huts and boy it didn't disappoint. Even on a cloudy day they looked stunning.

Even from the car park they put a smile on my face!
But the colours as we walked down the sea front were mouth watering! 

Just look: row upon row, upon row, upon row of them. 
I was like a kid in a sweet shop which OH patiently waited for me to get my photography out of my system. 
I hadn't realised that Southwold had a pier and we were both delighted to find this humorous water clock by Tim Hunkin. There was also a great selection of alternative arcade games with Hunkin's wit but sadly I didn't get any decent images. OH did have fun having a go on a few of the eclectic games.
And yes you guessed it more views of the beach huts - look even the sun came out for a bit! 


The beach at Southwold was sand and started to fill up. Like with Aldeburgh it was hot despite the cloud and everyone rush to enjoy the sand before the tide came back in again (within a couple of hours the sea had rushed back in again). 



We did also have a wander round the town which was beautiful. Even OH liked it. The green cottage here is for sale at £650,000 !! It looks tiny but turns out it is a three bedroom cottage with a small garden! It's right opposite the Adnams Brewery - more of which in another post. 

Comments

Popular Posts