Chicago Part 2: Architectural Boat Tour

As I alluded in the previous post I wasn't expecting such amazing architecture in Chicago. Whenever I told people I was going to Chicago the one thing everyone seemed to say was 'go on the architectural boat tour'. So before we left the UK I booked us onto a tour which set off from the Navy Pier located on the edge of Lake Michigan.
We thought that the weather would be grey and wet, indeed when we first arrived there was drizzle.
 No honestly there was drizzle I swear but after 10 minutes the sun burnt through and we found these amazing views. 
 I should also add that the Ferris Wheel aludes to the ferris wheel which was first seen at the Chicago World Fair which took place in 1893. The previous city to hold the fair was Paris where they introduced the Eiffel Tower so the Ferris Wheel was meant to compete with this. 
 Around Navy Pier you could look back onto the City and enjoy some of the many reflections though in reality we didn't really like the area. 

But the reason why we were at Navy Pier was to pick up the boat for an absolutely amazing couple of hours going through so many different architectural styles dating back to early 20th Century to the present day. I hope you enjoy some of my favourite views! 
 This stunning building deserves two images. My absolute favourite in the whole of Chicago and the bottom layers is actually a car park! You can just about make out some of the cars on the left (above). 

 By complete coincidence my friend Kate, Made By Mrs M, was in Chicago the following week and also went on this fabulous tour (different companies but the views are the same). If you want another view see Kate's post here

Comments

Popular Posts