Marie Curie Garden of Light at St Paul's

I'd had a busy week last week and to be honest all I wanted to do was collapse in a heap on Saturday afternoon but OH suggested going over to St Paul's to see the Marie Cure installation called 'Garden of Light'. Who am I to say no!
 I'd suggested walking down the river bank and crossing over the river via the Millennium Bridge which comes out next to St Paul's but we decided that it would be too busy with tourists. Instead we took a route which included walking past the strange shape of the Walkie Talkie building which shadows everything. Of course it started to rain as soon as we got off the bus which wasn't a great sign. 
 But within five minutes the rain passed and the sun came out giving the most amazing light 
 And the most perfect rainbow though sadly my pictures are a bit lack lustre..... 

 Here is my favourite view of St Paul's which is round the back near Paternoster Square. 
Which is also where the installation was. It's includes of over 2,100 daffodils representing every Marie Curie nurse in the country. 

 It's a great idea, but I must admit I was a little underwhelmed by the installation. Unfairly we compared it to the Poppy installation in the Tower back in 2014. 
 We decided to wait a while to see if it looked better light up at night so crossed over the road to the new shopping centre which has brilliant views across to St Paul's on the top floor. 
 And we were in luck as there was an incredible sunset. 


 And so back the daffodils. I'm afraid that the light hadn't improved it much but we did enjoy our adventure with the changing light. And of course we donated which is the real point of the installation, to raise money for such a fantastic cause. 

Comments

Popular Posts