Foreshore walks down the River

I've just realised I've completely forgotten to post about OH and I's mini adventure along the Thames which took place at the end of January. Doh! So it was a grey and dull Sunday - hardly inspirational to get you out into the fresh air after being ill on and off for most of the month. But OH had thought he had read that the tow path past Battersea Power Station had hoped. Now the iconic power station is one of my favourite buildings in London so this lure was too much to resist.

 So we started off at Vauxhall Bridge. And the tide was out so we braved it down onto the foreshore. You get such a different view of London.
 I've lived in London for 25 years now and I've only recently started to venture onto the foreshore but it's so liberating. 
 I had never spotted these lions before next to the way back up to the Thames path. They follow you up the slope back to dry land and are quite magnificent. 

 A little further down stream we could see our target. But sadly the path didn't look open at all
 So we were forced back onto the main road for part of the walk which wasn't a great view though I did spot this funky building as part of the Nine Elms complex. 

 But I did manage to get some close up images of the redevelopment of Battersea through a hole in the fence
 After we past the power station we crossed over the road and went for a wander around Battersea Park but by that time it was so grey I just wasn't inspired to take any photos. Still it did get us out and about and it was good to take in some fresh air to clear the January cobwebs. 

Comments

Popular Posts