London to Brighton Veteran Car Run travels through Brixton

So Sunday morning I rose at the crack of dawn to take photos of the fog but completely forgot that the London to Brighton Veteran Car run would also be travelling through Brixton that morning - double bonus! Not only did I get to snap away to my hearts content views of fog that had descended but also some amazing cars, buses, lorries and even a penny farthing went past me. I should add that the pollution levels on Brixton Hill, which aren't great at the best of times, was probably doubled that morning. All the cars date before 1905 and celebrates the emancipation run in 1896 which celebrated the increase of the speed limit from 4mph to a giddy 14! But the smell from some of these fine vehicles was pretty epic! Anyway enjoy the photos of a lot of either brave or crazy people who must have been freezing in the fog and had another 60 miles to go!



















 








I think this guy impressed me the most - 60 miles on a penny farthing! Bonkers! I really hope he made it all the way! And the icing on the cake, on my home after my early morning wander I bumped into a group of neighbours who had come out to watch the run go past our block. Perfect end to a suprisingly busy Sunday morning though I must admit I had a cup of coffee and went back to bed for a bit! Well it was Sunday after all!


Comments

Popular Posts