Celebrating International Women's Day with graffiti in Leake Street

Sunday was International Women's Day. Now I must admit that I don't normally celebrate this but when I read that there would be a Street Art festival of female graffiti artists I jumped at the chance to check it out. Leake Street is somewhere I've always meant to visit as it's legendary on the urban art scene as it's a legal wall (Banksy held an exhibition here a couple of years ago) but I've never actually gone until this weekend. So dragging OH we jumped on the trusty 59 and headed off down Lower Marsh Street. Leake Street is the first time I have ever smelt where I was going before actually getting there. The powerful smell of spray cans from over 150 artists was incredible. And the place was packed with artists and people looking on - such a great vibe. It was also great to also see kids being encouraged to have a go. Here's a few shots of the action.





















Comments

Popular Posts