Crafty Fox goes North

For the first time ever the Crafty Fox went up North, over the river to Dalston. Not an area I know well except for the Clown Service so it was nice to go somewhere not so familiar. Other bonus was that it's near where OH lives so he came and met me afterwards so we could for a quick pint before heading back down south
So we were welcomed by this life size, 3D illustration by Jimbobart which can normally be seen in his inspirational shop in Cheshire Street. It was certainly an instagram hit. 
I treated myself to a Ceridwen Hazelchild mirror for a present. And it came in it's own little pouch - just perfect
 Love the bold colours of Georgia Bosson's work 
 A highlight of most of Crafty Fox markets is cake made by the wonderful Teas Knees. At the last market I completely missed my cake fix and so by the time I rocked up for my treat on a Sunday afternoon they'd run out. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo
So this time I was organised and treated myself to a simply divine piece of apply strudle type tart with a crunchy top and salted caramel. Simply delicious! I can also recommend their sausage rolls and piccalilli which help me get through the day. 
 Now most makers hate been included in my pictures but Rod from Rodolgy, my fellow Brixtonite was more than willing.  
 And his work (made of upcycled watches) is devine 
 And here is some of his new work. Such a joy to photograph but only now that I have the macro lens! 
Girl and Bird had an early start coming up from Bristol. She'd been up since 5am! Rather her than me
 Birds in Hats have a new much which is fab. 
 Love this image of I am Acrylic's work 
 Crafty Fox regular Mr Wingate was on hand for screen printing bags with a bit of seasonal cheer
 And foxes 
 Love this image of Jill's work 

So more Crafty Fox next week as it returns to it's spiritual home, Brixton and yep you've guessed it, I'll be there talking photos.  

Comments

Popular Posts