Lambeth Country Show 2014

Oh Lambeth Country Show, how I love thee. I look forward to you every year and without fail you don't disappoint. Yes as you can probably tell I'm a regular to the Lambeth Country Fair. I've missed a few due to ill health in the past but I've been going to this event for nearly 20 years. This year was the event's 40th Anniversary (depressingly I've just realised that I'm older than the Country Fair....). Anyway as always I went down early with my trusty camera before I was due to meet up with my usual companion, Gregory and his other half. So here is a selection of the highlights:
This turkey was amazing, strutting it's stuff all day!
I love chickens and Vauxhall City Farm never fails to disappoint
I just spotted this guy with the biggest grin ever!

Another highlight of the event is the vegetable competition - this looks a little like me don't you think (if you know me that is... if you don't know me I don't have purple hair but it is curly!). 
Of course there had to be some rain but it didn't last long (on the Saturday at least when I went. The Sunday had to stop early on Sunday due to torrential rain). Another highlight was seeing Joey from War Horse which was incredible. Although you knew it was a puppet it seemed so real. People were actually going up and stroking it as if it was real. It was mind blowing! 




 Oh I feel I should explain this one - every year there is a scarecrow competition and this was Kate Bush 
I'm thinking next year I should possible try and enter some of the classes for growing veg or flowers or even the photo competition!
And yes that is a camel - camel racing is another highlight 

To a country girl at heart from Cumbria this so reminds me of home and my youth but I love it's vibrancy and diversity. I was there from 11.30 to 5pm and there was so much I missed!! Oh and another bonus - my photos were made into a feature on Brixton Blog's page - yay!


Comments

  1. Love that your brilliant photos are getting circulated and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts