Brixton Splash Warm Up

Now if you know me or follow my blog you may know that for the past couple of years I've taken photos for Brixton Splash which I love doing but this year though I was worried. After a patch of bad publicity which I won't go into, and the loss of funding from Lambeth Council would Splash even happen this year? So I went to the warm up gig concerned that it would be a bit of a damp squib. But oh how wrong was I. Such an amazing event made up of such incredible diverse talent. I came away from the event buzzing with enthusiasm. Splash this year looks as if it is going to be better than ever if the talent I saw was anything to go by.

Here are some of the photos I took last Sunday though I'm ashamed to say I didn't catch the names of all the acts (I got caught up in the moment of taking photos don't you know!)
Kicking of the show Electric Belles, all female choir

These guys were called Keo and the Movement and I was genuinely blown away by them. 



Above and below Sharks Don't Swim 

Rhiannon Sharkey - an incredible voice for someone so young.
Se Se did an amazing rendition of a Bob Marley track 

Naomi Keysha was so full of energy it was infectious 
And could hold a note!

T-Dot
Jamila

Charmer featuring Naomi Keysha
Laura Lee 
 Annoyingly I had to leave about half an hour before the event finished so I took a few shots of those I missed. Above is Queen Addi
 Lion I 
And Shadow Dancer 

As you can see a diverse mixture of people! So if you're in London, 3rd August come down to Brixton! And if you're feeling generous donate so that the event can run and run for generations to come! 


Comments

Popular Posts