Red sky at night, Shepherd's delight

It's funny how you can miss somethings that are right under your nose. I've lived in the same flat in my beloved Brixton for over 15 years but live on the ground floor of a six storey building and I've only just discovered the wonder of the sunsets if I climb to the top of the fire escape. This first time I saw this was one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen. I stupidly went up with just my mobile until the best of the sunset had passed. I was so mesmorised, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I stood spell bound knowing I should get my neighbours and camera to share the sight but for about five minutes i was routed to the spot spellbound by the vision in front of me.

The sky had started to fade before I could get my camera. It was so much redder and intense when I first saw it so this can't do it justice but it's a nice shot of the London skyline.
The sunset the following night wasn't quite as dramatic (I doubt I will ever see such a vision again but will be constantly chasing it) but I was prepared with the camera.
The shades of reds and yellows were just heavenly!
And finally the third night where I ventured up the fire escape. Look you can even see Battersea Power station
The wildlife also seems to be enjoying the view before going off to roost. London constantly surprises me as you sometime forget it can be so beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts